PAB Oil and Chemical Service, Inc.
The PAB Oil site in Abbeville, LA consists of a 17-acre federal superfund site consisting of capped waste areas and a clean closed salt water pond. Project Navigator currently manages the operations & management of the site as it approaches its third 5-year review scheduled for 2012. Operations & management activities include monitoring groundwater conditions, site maintenance, yearly inspections, reporting, procurement, and oversight.
Health and Safety Metrics
- Total Contractor and Subcontractor Work Hours: 240
- OSHA Recordables. 0
- Lost Time/Lost Work Day Incidents: 0
- Emergency Action Near Miss Reports: 0
- The former oil field waste site is through its 5-year review.
- The site is in O&M.
- The site groundwater will be sampled two times prior to the next 5-year review.
- The cap is mowed twice per year and the site perimeter cleared and maintained.
- The PAB LLC meets as needed to address technical and legal issues. The last group meeting was in November 2007.